If you have bought new shoes and found them slippery or your old favorite shoes work all the grip off the soles, then you need to know how to make them non-slip. For several reasons, the shoes become slippery. First, you need to identify the right reason to find the solution. There are several remedies that you can do yourself to fix the slippery issue. But if you’re looking for a permanent solution, then you need to consider choosing the non slip pads. They are the best option that provides the grip that the sole needs. So, you will not feel slippery and it helps you to avoid slips and falls.
The grip pads are the right option for both old and new shoes. Compared to any other DIY option, using grip pads are the perfect solution. It is because the adhesive pads give more traction to the sole. It is the perfect thing that you can use to the bottom of your shoe. Furthermore, the non slip pads are inexpensive and can give you long-lasting results.
How to apply the grip pads?
- First, you need to get a high-quality grip pad. You could get it from the online website. So, look for a reliable website selling the best anti-slip grip pads.
- For this method, you will need the cloth and rubbing alcohol.
- Take the shoe or heels that you want to fix the slipper issue. The first step is you need to clean the sole or heel.
- So, apply some alcohol to the cloth and clean the sole. Before you attach the grip pads ensure that heel or sole is smooth.
- Now, peel off the protective covering from the grip pad. Place the adhesive pad on the sole or heel. Press it firmly to make them stick well to the outer sole.
- It is recommended to leave the shoes for 24 hours to make the adhesive set with the soles. Before you wear the shoes ensure that the pads are attached well. Wear the shoes and walk for a few distances to check whether it is comfortable for you.
- To make the pad stick better, you can also warm the sticky side using a heat gun or hairdryer before attaching.
- Hence, using adhesive grip pads are the best options that you can do to add grip to the bottom. Wearing non-slippery shoes makes you feel confident and steady while walking, running, or dancing.