THC is mainly associated with marijuana or cannabis. What is THC? It is Tetrahydrocannabinol and is one of the main compounds that is found in cannabis and responsible for producing various effects in the body. The human body has a system of receptors known as the endocannabinoid system that affects your memory, hunger, mood, and pain. THC gets attached to these receptors and affects the messages sent out to the body. There have been various studies about THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) and its various effects on the human body.
Effects THC have on the body.
Many people are aware of the use of THC, and some use them for a variety of reasons. So, what those reasons are that prompt you to take it. Here are some:
- It makes your body release more dopamine.
- It gives you a feeling of joy and euphoria.
THC has also been proved to produce medical benefits and is used in the treatment of various medical conditions. Some are:
- It gives relief from chronic pain. Many people worldwide are going through physical pain, mainly nerve-related pain, and THC helps to block the pain signals sent to the brain.
- It is also found to help ease the feeling of nausea and vomiting.
- Many around the globe have trouble sleeping or suffer from insomnia. THC helps you in sleeping better and relaxing you.
- It is effective in easing the PTSD effects.
- The symptoms of depression are also slowed down by the use of THC.
- It is also effective in increasing your appetite. It releases the hormone that is responsible for hunger.
- There are diseases such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and sclerosis that can be treated with the help of THC.
Side effects of THC
There is nothing in this world with only one side. Everything has two phases so does THC. While THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is helpful, there are also certain risks involved or side effects to it.
- Over-dosage causes addiction.
- You may experience hallucinations and delusions.
- Low-blood pressure.
- Taking THC for a prolonged time can disrupt your normal heartbeat and can accelerate it.
- It can affect your brain and its coordination skills.
If you think of taking THC for medicinal or some other use, keep these points in mind and don’t overdo it.