When you do your online research, you will see that CPAP means continuous positive airway pressure apparatus, which has proven to be a very effective treatment for sleep apnea. It is a common sleep disorder in which your breathing stops when you sleep at night. It shortens your life and leads to heart diseases such as heart attacks and strokes. Therefore, when you use a CPAP machine, you may feel a little different while you sleep. But once you have the suitable machine and mask, the whole sleep process becomes more accessible, and you can breathe too. Using this procedure will help you improve the quality of your sleep and, therefore, you will feel healthier and much better than before.
Service improvement tips
You must know that this machine maintains your health and enhances your life; therefore, you must clean it well to stay healthy. Remember that it helps you breathe, so all germs will enter your body if you keep it clean by using a cpap cleaning machine. Check out some helpful tips below to keep germs safe.
- If you plan to wash your car with water, you should know that water and electricity are enemies of each other, and therefore you must unplug the machine.
- First, it would be best to clean the mask you use with the CPAP machine for inhalation through your nose or mouth. The more perfect the cleaning, the better the machine will perform. To clear this, you have to detach it by peeling off the mask and twisting the tube with the seatbelt.
- It is essential to disconnect the tubing and remove it from the CPAP machine. If you don’t do this while cleaning, you can create more humidifiers.
- Separate the humidifier from the CPAP machine and divide it into small pieces. If the pieces do not come off easily, separate them properly so that you can easily proceed to the next step.
- Now you can start cleaning, and it must be done very carefully. Gently wipe the outside of the unplugged CPAP machine. You can then fill your container or sink with warm water.
- After completing the previous step, you can soak the mask, tubing, and connectors and let them soak for about 30 minutes. Once this is done, you can remove each of these pieces and set them aside to dry.
As with any medical device, you must exercise due care when cleaning the CPAP machine. Always remember that bacteria and dirt that accumulate on the mask are harmful to your health. Thus, regular cleaning will prolong the life of the machine.